Agriculture Technology Transfer Product Manager
We are seeking a mid-level Agricultural Technology Transfer Product Manager which includes management of our late development large-scale on-farm trial program, TrialWerx®. Working with North American and International clientele, this leadership position requires strong process management skills to organize agronomic teams, to consolidate precision and digital data along with field research team, and to generate meaningful insights for clients and farmers. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
Working with the global scientific research team, this position will execute the strategic vision and roadmap, analyze internal and competitive products, identify, and prioritize requirements, collaborate, set targets, and measure progress. Generally, this manager will lead the overall lifecycle of the Technology Transfer and TrialWerx products including future enhancements.
Continuous monitoring and evaluation of digital tool applications will lead to integration of those that collect, store, analyze and share electronic data and information along the agricultural value chain. This leadership position will seek and compare technologies to enhance field scale measurement tools throughout the season. The TrialWerx service bundle is a critical component of the product development process for innovative, research-driven companies and their investors. The client relationship and project management will include identifying potential clients needs and offer solutions to drive company revenue in this critical digital and automation era of agriculture.
We seek a candidate willing and able to become an expert in our business, market, and product development services to meet our innovative clients’ needs. The candidate will develop relationships with our clients and a solid understanding of their needs from all aspects of our service bundles. Their goal will be identifying prospects, helping clients understand how to utilize our product development and technology transfer expertise. Internally, this leader will collaborate with our AgriThority team to explore the most valuable ways we can further the clients’ progress toward technology transfer for successful commercialization of their innovative technologies.
- Strategic roadmap and execution of Technology Transfer and TrialWerx services including enhancements for targeted users.
- Management of project deliverables and client relationships to the satisfaction of internal quality and cost control standards
- Manage entire project process from defining deliverables to generating agronomic support for farmers, digital imagery, and data analysis for final recommendation
- Proactively communicate internally and externally with positivity and results orientation
- Contribute to analysis for pricing, profitability and return on investment
- Resolve client inquiries, requests, and complaints. Set on-going appointments to keep clients aware of latest developments in the company and in their projects
- Client centric design of projects to clearly define problem/solution approaches. Support sales and marketing in the development of key features, benefits, and value.
Market Knowledge Champion for digital and automation products and platform development: validate concepts through rigorous evaluation and ground-truthing to determine evolution of digital products. Focus areas can include computational agronomy, machine learning and artificial intelligence, mobile dashboards or apps that enhance the client experience and data-driven insights for best uses of products.
- Collaboration with industry stakeholders and experts to gain insights into unmet needs and opportunities with clients and their target markets.
- Present and sell company services to new and existing clients
- Communicate regularly with clients and internal team members to meet/exceed expectations for high value outcome reports on time and within budget; plan, direct and implementing multiple and concurrent projects with technical product development team members
- Smart, creative, entrepreneurial, persistent, and collaborative mindset
- Previous 15+ years of experience in agri-technology product development, sales, or key account management
- Deep understanding of latest agricultural production trends including digital technologies, precision farming and plant or soil science
- Demonstrated strategic planning, analytics, and project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team orientation with collaborative, influential and relationship-building skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients and to identify product, business, or market development needs
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Why work at this Company?
Forward-thinking experts value integrity, leadership, collaboration, and results. We focus on growth opportunities for employees and clients. As an AgriThority employee you will work with an international peer group of talented people, on a diverse range of projects, helping to define and deliver projects with real commercial benefit for our clients.