Senior Account Manager – NORAM
Kansas City, MO
We are seeking a senior-level Agribusiness Account Manager for North America located at the global headquarters in Kansas City! You will plan and sell business, market, and product development services to innovative, research-driven agricultural companies and their investors. The client relationship and project management will include identifying client needs and offering solutions to drive company revenue and profitability.
We seek a candidate willing and able to become an expert in our development services to meet our innovative clients’ business needs. The candidate will develop relationships with our clients and a solid understanding of all aspects of our service bundle. The candidate’s goal will be to participate in identifying prospects, and in actively helping clients understand how to utilize our full range of development expertise. Internally, this leader will collaborate with our AgriThority team to explore the most valuable ways we can further the client’s progress toward commercialization of their innovative technologies with commercially viable products.
- Manage and direct client business relationships
- Counsel clients to optimize the Development Process, to avoid mistakes
- Present and sell company services to new and existing clients
Participate in prospecting and contacting agricultural innovators and their investors
- Reach agreed-upon sales targets by established deadlines
Define client needs and propose solutions through clearly communicated proposals that align with company capabilities and expectations
- Communicate regularly with clients and internal team members to meet expectations on time and within budget
Resolve client inquiries, requests, and complaints
- Set ongoing appointments to keep clients aware of the latest developments in the company and their projects
- Planning, directing, and implementing multiple and concurrent projects with technical product development team members
- Previous 15+ years of experience in product management, technical agribusiness sales, or key account management
- Deep understanding of the latest agricultural production trends including sustainability, precision farming, and plant or soil science
- Advanced selling, business development, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated strategic, analytical, problem-solving, and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team orientation with collaborative, influential, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients and to identify product, business, or market development needs
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Why work at this company?
Forward-thinking experts value integrity, leadership, collaboration, and results. We focus on growth opportunities for employees and clients.